Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A face Lift and Other Things

Well Big Brother Google does it again. A FACE LIFT! It has redesigned the  blogger page from being really user friendly to being OMG.  I hope they get enough feed back to put it back


A few things this week. One of my beautiful Granddaughters celebrated her 11th birthday.
Here she is with her Mom. Dad, and baby sister on Castle hill on a visit to Newfoundland.
She will soon become one of those hormone riddle creatures we lovingly call a **teen**.

I am doing some knitting this week.
The neat yarn bowl was a gift from Monike Haweks-Frost
I have a pair if socks on the go . I do the toe up version on one needle. I use Judy's magic cast on and end up with Estonia cast off. both are on you tube.
I love the self striping sock wool. It makes such interesting patterns.

My Iceland  sweater to be.
I have started a sweater for myself. I an using Lodi Iceland wool.




John Walls wearing the Jacob Wool Sweater I spun and knitted.
We are having a spin in this Saturday, and I was going to take the sweater to "show and tell" however as it will not be done, I will have to borrow the sweater back that I knitted for John.
Weaving Bull Kelp



On a Valentines lunch to Point No Point I found some interesting weaving. This is bull Kelp. there is plenty of it on the West coast of Vancouver Island.










Good Bye Bill Morgan VE7MOG.

One a sadder note, we lost a good friend today and a  fellow HAM Bill Morgan.VE7MOG

Bill married his life time love after re-meeting her years after each had been married and were single again.
They were married December 30,2011, in the Chapel at Saanich Historical Artifacts Society and had six weeks together before Pancreatic Cancer claimed him.
Walk slowly Bill, we will all catch up one day. You will be missed in the HAM community and at Saanich Historical Artifacts Society.
— at Victoria BC

No comments: